Speculative Fiction Writers publishes an annual anthology. Below are published and planned collections and where to purchase copies.
First encounters. We wait for, dread, or stumble upon them.
First encounters with the unknown call forth exciting stories full of magic, horror, humor, and suspense. What happens when aliens, fantastical creatures, or strange objects in the sky interrupt ordinary life? This collection offers ten original stories full of mysterious happenings including: an alien attempts to save earth, a voodoo clarinet grants wishes, time travel for human sperm collection, a love-obsessed scientist creates his own reality, the ghost of Jimmy Hoffa offers sage advice, an alien visits the supermarket, a cruel merchant faces feral vampires, an aspiring writer encounters an invading triangle, dragons capture an ancient couple, and a colony ark crashes on a hostile planet.
Join the journey with these unsuspecting characters and discover if they learn from their encounters or suffer a tragic fate.
Other Stores: COMING SOON
Second LawComing in 2021. The book cover will be unveiled early 2021.
Information About Submissions
- Submissions are limited to members of the RMFW Spec Fic Critique group.
- The theme of the books are decided upon by group members.
- Target word count is between 1000 to 6000 words. No more than 7K if you can’t help it.
- Your stories should run through the standard critique process by the annual deadline.
- Stories should be submitted to the editor by the annual deadline.